Monday, November 30, 2009

Staying Safe Online

Relying online services need lots of trust. Trust that you could muster from the people who put entry in their blog, sites or others.

I am a victim of spammers. Experiencing the worst collaboration of people online, makes my file totally disappeared. Now, I ended up regretting. As a result, I've made new account to store my personal files and others.

That is why, I would like to share this SMART tips for everyone to stay safe online.

Safe. Keep safe. Don't give out personal information, such as email addresses or telephone numbers.

Meet. Don't meet anyone you've met online in person without telling your parents about it, gaining their permission and going with them.

Accept. Don't open anything from people you don't know or don't trust because they could contain viruses, as well as other nasty things.

Reliable. Somebody online might be lying about who they are, and not all the information you find on the Internet is reliable. Make sure everything you do comes form a reliable source.

Tell. If you're worried about something, if you think you've figured out who is bullying you, or you don't trust someone you've met online, tell your parent or a trusted adult.

In order for you not to experience the regrettable experience I have had, you should be SMART always.

No comments:

Post a Comment