Friday, July 14, 2017

On quitting Social Media

Communication with friends and loved ones is the very sole reason why I joined the world on social media. In fact, I have been enjoying to use my account for almost 6 years. I am publicly exposed to what my friends and loved ones posted every minute, every hour, everyday. I admit, I got information that helps me especially when it comes to opportunities and extending my acquaintances. I admit, I have known their whereabouts, the story of their successes and needless to say, their failures. I have known their stories of hope and their ups and downs and how they react to every situations or news that has been shared from one page to another.

Then, I questioned, "And so, what are those for?", "Why should I indulge much in this kind of world?". And more than that, I have realized many things and just last month, I decided to quit. It is not because I want to quit communicating with the persons who are part of my life (though there are other ways to reach my friends and family apart from indulging myself in social media). I just want to be me unfakingly.

Quitting on social media makes me to be more focus on things that makes me happy and not exposing them into the big screen. I am more determined to work even harder. It is just so carefree because I can think more and wondeful ideas pops up every now and then without comparing myself to others'successes.

Quitting on social media saves my time. I do not want notifications comes out from time to time on my phone because there is no instance that I can not browse or skim over them and once interested, even attempted to read what they have written on their personal posts. And sometimes, I can not even notice that I have wasted so much time. This, I think make me unproductive. Most importantly, I can fully sleep now. It saves my nights from looking into what others have posted on their status. And I love being able to have better sleep now.

Quitting on social media does not make me worry on things that leads me to compare sometimes to others. There is no point of seeing their successes and I have the tendency to question my recent status and instead of striving one's best, mentions like "lucky are they..." always surface on my mind and that, for me is "unhealthy". Instead of minding their lives, it is always a great idea to focus on what I could do, rather than knowing other's business of successes. I am happy for their ups, but moving on is what I have to do and this atones me now that I left the online social world.

Quitting on social media means my privacy is protected even more. I can live my life without even posting what's in store for me in my every day. I do not have to post exposures of my personal life anymore for others to see and know. It is freedom that I am not anymore exposed to the kind of "usual stuff" happening in the social world, like once I post the event of my life for this day and so what's next...What then it implies? How do others react? I mean, I can possibly have my life story without coming out to the open for the world to see. It is such a wonderful feeling now being me like I can capture what I do without telling the whole wide world. That, I have my privacy.

Quitting on social media leads me to find out who are true to me, who are not. Bullying has stopped and I am carefreely living my life, full of enthusiasm, alone. Though I was so shocked that many find me why I "deactivated", but still I never know if they really do care or just "pretending" to care in order to ask for reasons. I do not have to explain because it is my personal choice. I have realized that it is better to have only few, true and good friends, rather than have many, but are untrue. I am tired of dealing with the "fake" and leaving social media is the bravest decision I have done so far. Now, I am on my own, no worries on what to do. I am just simply me now.

Life in the web is not forever. There is this point of dropping down on what is the trend on the social media world if one has fully come up with realizations and I have already found mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment