Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hurt

There are many kinds of hurts, the kind of hurt because of sickness, the kind of hurt out from sacrificing and laying life for others, the kind of hurt that comes from losing a friend or family. But the kind of hurt that I want to emphasize here is the hurt from a broken relationship, from a shattered heart, which a lot of us, I guess, have gone through experiencing the bitter sweet, hurt.

In what way and in how many times have you been hurt? For how long have you sacrificed the pain of hurting from a broken heart? For how long have you been pretending that you are okay but the fact is, you are definitely slowly dying because of hurt? Are you willing to give your heart another chance to love again? Are you willing to give another person a chance to love you? Are you willing to still give 100% trust after being hurt by someone? Until when are you going to let go?

Many of us experience the hurt out from loving someone. Others gone through many tests, others too, fight for their love, but love does not meant to be for them and some, just gone in nowhere. No news at all.

In which category do you belong? How tragic that love has its sad ending. I prefer to choose always the sweet beginning that will lead to sweet everlasting love. Maybe for some, they have experienced the sweet love of lifetime. But for many, lost and lose.

Indeed, love is hurt. You can’t trust growing happily together unless you both work hard to keep your relationship until death. That is what we call true love. And it never dies. It doesn’t fade. It will never lose. But there you go again, hurt. That is part of love. When hurt manifest in a relationship, after more trys and acceptance, I think, it is the end.

Being hurt and losing someone, the statement that says: “They will not end up together. How come? They are already 8 years in a relationship.” The 8 years of being together is not a guarantee that they will end up together. Probably, it is true that the longer the relationship, it breaks; the shorter, it grows.

After how many years now of healing and getting over the mess relationship that I thought we are really for each other, that I thought only death could separate us, it ended there. I have to move on and in moving on, it is a lot harder to cope with, until I get over this.

I thank that:

Hurt leads me to be more stronger. I am determined to live life the way I view it now. I am now careful in every decision that I make. I am not the girl anymore who is considerate. I am not weak now. I am intelligent to evaluate life. I am not afraid to try. I am not afraid to lose again. I am totally renewed from the bitterness that I have felt because of hurt out of love. I am refreshed and brave to move on.

Hurt gives me back my self. Hurt gives me the chance to love life, to respect nature and to do more in this world. I gained back the real me which is, the happy, kind, caring, humble and down-to-earth me. I am forming back the trust of myself that was lost. I gain respect to myself. I take pride to love the things which I haven’t savor its importance before, in those times that I was blinded with extreme love. I have realized that I should reserve something for myself.

Hurt doesn’t teach me to hurt and take revenge. It was total acceptance that teaches me to be calm and just let it all go away. I learn to be silent. I don’t think of fighting back. I never plan of hurting him in return. I am just so tranquil to let all this flow and pass by until the pain subsides.

Hurt teaches me to forgive. I believe that it is in forgiveness that I can forget him totally. And that is what I do. I forgive him so I can go further go with my life. In forgiveness comes total acceptance which makes my heart okay and happy now.

Hurt opens me to reality. I was blinded of love before, now I am awaken to its reality that part of loving is to experience extreme pain. I just think that we are not really meant to be and that probably, there is someone who is the person God sets for me. I learn to appreciate the goodness of life because I learned many things after all those hurts.

Hurt makes me whole. I have realized that in order to be whole, one should go into the process of feeling the hurt. I think they are inseparable in life. Learning is about seeing in reality what life really is and as I have learned many things, as I take my life to drive the path that I am with now, this makes me whole. Because of deep hurt, the nonstop cries before, the silent realizations now, it defines me again that accepting life is like this, it is a process that needs to face. I learn to love myself more now.

Hurt determines me to do more in life, to be more good. I carry no grudges out from the broken relationship that I had before. I take it as part of life. That is why, because of the hurt, it pursues me to do more in life. That there are more to life than by being imprisoned of the memories in the past. I believe that there are more good things that will happen for me despite the pain and that is what I am experiencing now. I can say that I am happy and had enough.

Hurt opens me to help others. I learn to help other people. I took pity to those who are hurt in life and thus, I help them. I don’t want them to experience pain. Because of hurt, it helps me to extend my help to those who are needy. I learn to love my life and to give importance to the lives of other people. I learn to sacrifice for them.

Hurt teaches me how it is to be hurt. Because of this hurt, I learn now how it feels to lose and to be hurt. If it wasn’t coming into my life (pain of hurting), I surely can’t understand the feeling of how it is to be hurt. Now, I know more than its definition. Love is pain.

Hurt makes me a better person I become. I am more enthusiastic, more positive in life and more prayerful. Hurt really makes me the person I become now.

I give credit to the hurt I have felt because of the pain of losing a relationship. I did not regret the bitter experience I have because I learn to forgive and forget. I believe that all these happen for a big purpose. I can gradually see the formation of the purpose in me now that I have been in hurt because of pain.

That is why, in life especially in a relationship, it is not about hate. It is about risking one’s life, no matter how painful to sacrifice and understand that all things happen for a big purpose which we are then trying to discover as we travel in the path of life. Hurts and pains are always part of loving. We should learn when to hold on and when to let go. Accept and move on. Forgive and let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment