Sunday, December 28, 2014

My not-just-an-ordinary Champorado (Chocolate Rice Porridge)

The weather is cold and my appetite for cooking is incredibly unstoppable. So I prepare what I have got to warm everyone's day. How? It is through my so called "Not-just-an-ordinary Champorado". In short, it is "Chocolate Rice Porridge", Filipino style.

What makes it not-so-ordinary is that when you have extra cooked rice at home, instead of throwing them as leftovers, you can add it on this. It is the idea of recycling and being not wasteful about food. Plus, when you cook, it doesn't mean to say that you have to buy everything to really perfect your creation. I mean, you need to utilize what is available. In this part, I don't have glutinous rice or "malagkit" which is supposed to be the original ingredients for this, I use plain rice. I don't have condensed milk as toppings, but I just utilize the bits of bread to appear my "Champorado" tempting to eat.

In cooking, you can make your own initiative, have your own style, follow your instinct as long as it will not compromise the exact taste as you wish for your food to appear.

And for my "not-just-an-ordinary Champorado", this I got for you...

The ingredients are:
1. 1 and 1/2 cup of rice (or you can use glutinous rice or malagkit)
2. 1/4 cup brown sugar (or you can also use white sugar)
3. 100 ml Ricoa Sweeteened Cocoa (or you can use "tableya" or any other cocoa powder)
4. 400 ml water

All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
1. Pour 400 ml of water in a pot and bring to a boil.

2. Put-in the rice and allow water to re-boil for a few minutes.
Note: Don't forget to add the extra rice instead of throwing them as leftover. Put-in the old rice once the rice (new) is already cooked. Make sure that the old rice is not spoiled.
3. Pour-in the 100 ml. cocoa powder and add the 1/4 cup brown sugar. Stir.
4. Mix and wait until all the mixture is fully blend.
5. Once done, remove from the pot and place in a serving bowl.
6.  Serve hot with a swirl of condensed milk on top, but for me since I don't have condensed milk, I use my creativity. I make initiative of the bread, get bits of it and form "smiling" face on my "not-just-an-ordinary Champorado".
Bring on the happiness for you and your family with this so-called "Not-just-an-ordinary Champorado"! I just did for my sisters! :-)

6 comments:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative, hold posting such top articles, it clearly facilitates to realize approximately things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete