Friday, December 27, 2013

As I take a sit at the hospital’s lounge

I had my Titer shot yesterday. The officer-in-charge injected me. She got almost 3 ml. of my blood to fill the 3 ml. syringe. It was over and I asked her if when I could get the result, she told me within 2 hours.

It was 10:42 a.m. when I had the shot done, so I have to get the result at 12:42 noon time. I have  to wait for 2 hours then.

I don’t want to take a sit at the Laboratory’s couch. I went outside the office and there in the hospital’s central lounge, I find it comfortable to stay. I take a sit. I’ve witnessed numerous expressions of people’s reaction and most of them show frowns and worries.

Out from my stare, I was amused with the “gay” person who managed to put on his make-up even he was busily talking with his friends. They both laughed voraciously at their jokes. I was like silently keeping my smiles and hold them. Maybe they will think that I am seriously listening to them. Their loud voices made me stare at them. And it’s not my fault, of course.

Suddenly, there came this old man who was in a wheelchair. He just came out from the Emergency Room. I think he will be confined at the hospital. I saw him like really grasping for breaths. He wanted to stand and would like to get away from the wheelchair. He was reprimanded by his companion.

In a moment, an old woman who is with her son took a sit near me. Her abdomen is bulging. She is so thin. It seems like her abdomen when pricked will burst to erupt like a “volcano”. There were countless old people who were there at the hospital. Most of them walk in very slow pace, are stoop and lonely. They look tired and unhappy. There are those individuals who come and go, to and fro at the main entrance. Others took their nap at the benches. Children who were injected cried a lot. Their mothers tried to manage them really hard so that they will stop crying.

These vibrant scenes of expressions of sick people who suffer from various illnesses and diseases are the ones of the many faces that I have to encounter on my duty next year. This day marks me to prepare myself more and let my emotional side be in control for I don’t want to cry as I see these kinds of patients when I am on duty struggling really, really hard. I am glad that this scenario reminds me again to be more tough to face realities that softening of my feelings towards the situation must be modulated, instead my care should I give more of priority to of.

I know that it is normal to feel pity to these kinds of people, but I don’t let myself being drown to the kind of feeling that I will seriously let me feel in a way that I have to think about the situation all over again deeply which resulted to weaken me.

I know I can be of help to them. I will care for them and I will never let any instance of myself being too much emotional surface the whole process because I have to mind that my help and care for them are indeed in demand, urgently needed.

I don’t want to feel weak because they are already weak. I want to uplift them with the way I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment