Saturday, March 1, 2014

I've got a feeling: Caring a person

I felt something different about yesterday's experience. And I just don't mind it.

It is natural for me to care to my patient. He is young as 27 and he is in total pain. I have done tepid sponge bath to him and afterwards I do wound care. I accompany him to the comfort room (but I am waiting outside the CR).

He is totally staring at me as if he will not blink, but still I manage to do what I want to give care to him. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I talked to him and share my health teachings. As we conversed, he asked where am I living, etc. I answered him but I never show something special.

That is what I am talking about. I used to care for people and it is a pleasure for me to help them. But when it comes to male, younger patient, I will give my total care, not showing anything else for special moments. I just don't want them to fall in love with me.

I care because I do care about their health and not for anything other than that.

This is what I have observed about me giving care to someone, they got an unusual feeling for me. That is the one I am always watchful for because work is work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment