Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Why "Joy Joy"?

A friend told me that it is so hard to find me in a famous social networking site because my name appears not the total true name. It is only then that she finds it out that I am "Joy Joy" and not "Arleen".

Why "Joy Joy"?

Ever since I was a kid, my parents called me "Joy Joy" and they are the ones given me that nickname. A nickname is a sort of a description or name given, not the actual name. And so, everyone in our barrio calls me "Joy Joy".

Why "Joy Joy"?

My mother told me before that they named me such because I am a jolly person even when I was a baby. I used to smile and make everyone smile at me. My mother also said that "Joy Joy" has marked with exactness because when I was 3, I used to sing even at the top of my lungs and the people are looking at me and they said that where is that beautiful voice coming from (I am short who has a big voice).

Why "Joy Joy"?

Really, I questioned that to myself also, even until now. Why "Joy Joy"?

There is spark in me. I have observed to myself that my friends and those I know will say that "How can we possibly live without you, Arleen (referring to me as Joy Joy)? As this question always lingers on my mind. I have realized that there is really this certain part of me that make people really miss me when I am not around. This leads me to think, "Why?" "Am I a joker?" Maybe because it is just the way I am. In fact, I just knew that people will surely miss me when I am not around when they do really tell me and so, probably, they find me amusing. Is it because I have a round face? I don't think so, that roundness of my face donates me being friendly. It is just the way I really am.

"Joy Joy" is just me, nothing more, nothing less. What you see is what you get. I can't hide not the real me. I am just natural and super honest. Whatever comes in my mind, I want to express them. I am always being true to myself and that I find it really the coolest attitude about me.

"Do you cry Joy Joy?", my friend asked me that question. And I said, of course, "Yes, I do cry if I am overladen with much problems." I do cry when I feel that the world presses me down as if there is no way out. I just want to burst my feelings into crying. But I don't cry everyday. I just cry when I feel the much weigh on my shoulders. But my crying is just a form of a release from the heaviness that I have carried in a day, after that, I am okay and I can smile and be happy again.

I don't really resort into crying because I know there is always a way out from every pressess this world offers. I just take things the way I handle them. I stick to what I believe in and what amazes me of myself is that, I can weigh things out on my own.

"Joy Joy" is always been a part of me. It is just the way I am. :-) In life, there is no reason to be always frown even amid uncertainties. Cheer up!

No comments:

Post a Comment