Tuesday, March 25, 2014

On being Single

Here I go again, going through the circus of questions - "Why are you still single until this time?" And another question -"Do you know that being single for the rest of your life will lead  you to depression?".

This is what I feel right now. My friends always ask me this never-ending questions even to everyone that I encounter and maybe to anyone that I will have to encounter. And again, this is life and probably, that is their business that I need to answer. Then, I said to myself, "Do I really need to worry about this, about them?"

"It is really not a big deal for me being single." That is what I told them. And they are like, "It is too regretful if you will not have a family of your own because you are the nicest person this Earth could ever have." And I just smile to them.

I can't really blame everyone who will ask me such a question and I can't reprimand them stopping. It is not invasion of my privacy because in the first place, they are just so curious and that they wanted to know. But I am like always facing the same old questions on my part again and again and again. But there is no choice, but to deal with the situation.

I anticipate my life that time comes that I will be sad and lonely because I have no one in life. That is a fact. And I shall say that they are indeed "somewhat" true. But totally, it depends on the type of person one is.

There are lots of diversions that I could choose from and I know that all is just a state of mind. It is all a matter of choice. Maybe, not for now that I don't have a loved one, but maybe sooner or later, he will come. It is just that I don't really want to get hurt because I am not the type of person to be hurt by somebody or everyone has the right not to be hurt. I am in the point of really enjoying what life has to offer this time for me. I don't want to quickly decide on things and dwell on them like really now. I want to take every step easy, slow and with love and enjoyment. Getting to know a person takes a lot of time and it is a process. I don't believe that there is a perfect relationship. There is no perfection in this world, I guess. I am taking my life right now as one step at a time. If having no love life for me, then let it be. I can't force it to come, nor force myself to look for it. I believe that it will really come. I don't worry about waiting. And if I know that there is no point in waiting for someone to come, then, let it be. I got my wonderful family and friends out here, so there is no need to worry. All I want is to give love, share love and care for all people especially to the children.

I am a humanitarian kind of person and having no loved one this time is not really a big problem for me. I enjoy what I have this time and I am blessed with it. I couldn't ask for more. As long as I got my family and friends up here, then my life is complete. As long as I can help other people smile and be happy, then I am very much complete. As long as other people are happy, I am also happy for them.

I know time will come that I will be knocked by loneliness because of having no one (loved one) in life, but I offer myself to God for this. I know He has a huge plan for me and I trust His will. I maybe sound weird on this, but I know that He will.

Frankly, whenever I answer such question as like this, I feel like I am a like one of the candidate of a beauty pageant. My friends' questions are really worth an explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment