Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Relief

This day is remarkable. I was not expecting that I am a relief.

My friend and I are seated with a dine.

Talking to a friend makes the day light. We are not that closed. The moment just happen all of a sudden and I am blessed with it.

I never expect she says her thanks to me as I listen to her afterwards. First, the conversation was about her undying crush to someone until it reaches to a point about her family, her daughter and her dreams for her child. Tears almost dripped into her face, but she managed to stop them.  Teary eyes are with her.

I was listening to her. I was all-out listening to every word that she has said. Upon hearing her, I come to realize that what happen to her always comes with a purpose. She said that she wanted to gain again the lost trust by her parents to her. Due to a "mistake" (but I didn't see it as a mistake, maybe, it is just her fate), she wants to prove everyone wrong. I believe to what she is saying and I feel how deep it is.

I never said my advice, rather I just ask some guided questions for her to direct her to a point where she will realize and think about the answers herself. I want to self-direct her because I know she has answers to all her questions and my task is just to burst it out and let it come from her mouth as a way that someone is listening to her, that she will utter them in relief. Two hours and half, our conversation lasted. The sharing only ceases as we departed our ways from the facade of the gate as we said our goodbyes.

She texted me as I reached home and said that it was a relief finding me around to share what makes her feel deep inside before that I was indeed a relief.

It is pretty amazing how this day blesses me with a smile that I was a relief to her. She said her thanks, saying that she is happy seeing me around.

I have realized that a sit, a smile, a talk could lead to a conversation that words will transform into a big leap of relief. It is just that I can feel her how she is carrying the weight on her shoulder. And to think that moment is unplanned. It is just a mere coincidence and we are not closed. This content me that indeed I can be a trusted person and I say, of course, I am.

She is not my closed friend, but time lets us share this day. I am so happy to have helped her even that I didn't do anything than listening.

This is not my first time dealing with a situation such as this. I am happy that I have discover my use in this world, to be of help to everyone even through listening to them. What a delightful me!

No comments:

Post a Comment