Saturday, April 5, 2014

Under the same big, blue sky

I am not a celebrity. I am not a famous tycoon. I am not the owner of the world. I am just an ordinary person who lives in a remote province and who is living a very simple life, with nothing at hand, but only my simplicity and my mind. But why is it that people do miss me?

I feel important when my friends miss me. They are expressing their longing in me. They want to see me. They are just happy to be with me. Then, I questioned, "Why is it that they miss me?", "Is my presence important to them?", etc. My mind speculates on interrogations that would always lead me thinking why they really, really miss me so much.

Their feeling of miss in me is an overwhelming feedback to me. I can say that I was able to touch their lives even if I did not really help them in kind or cash. Probably, the way how I deal with persons make them say that they really, really miss me. That is what I have observed about myself - that every time I just be out for a day, week or a month, they will really find me. I received various text messages saying, "What do you do?", "Are you okay?", "Do you think I miss you?", etc. (something like that). They even say, "When can we see each other?", "I miss you so much.", etc.

There are times that they will invite me to do window shopping. There are times also that they will call me to be with them, eating together in a fine restaurant. There are times as well that they will call me because they want to ask for advice.

I am thankful for being so blessed with this kind of extraordinary me. Maybe other people don't have the kind of being that I am.

I am just wondering because ever since I was 10 until I am at this age, people are really looking for me and they have all the "Arleens" here, there and everywhere. It seems like their days are not complete without me in their lives.

I take this as a gift. Probably, countless individuals has this kind of gift. And I am just so lucky and now I say, "I own it."

Even before, when I was still a teacher. The principal and the owner of the school call me and they ask for my solicited advice. They even tasked me to accompany children to witness the competition in other school even if these children are not under my advisory. This, I think how emphatic probably I am to them. I can even think that I bring the luck in them (I just don't know exactly).

I tell them, "We are under one big blue sky." No matter where I am going, no matter where will I be going, no matter how will I be going in this world, they will not worry about me and they will not be lonely because I am just within reach. I am just a call or a text away.

"We are under the same big blue sky", that is what I always tell them.

I am just so lucky to be this kind of being. My existence clearly defines that my role in this world is to be with people and to make them happy through the way I show my love and care naturally. But whatever I may be in this life, they can rest assure that I am just within reach. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment