Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'll "Jackie Chan'' or "Bruce Lee" you!

It was 4 o'clock dawn, the street is so quiet. I make a fist. With all my might, I'm ready to attack the "approaching" enemy. There I go. The dog is barking. I start thinking to run, but hesitate to do so. Maybe the dog might bite me. I don't want to lose a kilo. That sounds scary.

I am thinking, if ever someone is approaching, I'll "Jackie Chan" or "Bruce Lee" him. I make all efforts to escape from him. I will box, kick, slap him with all my might, to the best of my strength. I will run away from him as fast as I could. I just hope that he doesn't have supernatural power that he might appear and suddenly disappear. If that is the case, I'll lose the battle. I hope the "enemy" is not a ghost. Though, I don't really believe in ghost. Never seen one. That worsens more my bravery.

My heart is beating so fast. My arms and legs are trembling, but I still make a positive pose courageously. The taxi is beeping. The driver slowly drives his car. I turned without smile or else if I do so, he will misinterpret me liking him. That sounds ridiculous. The man in a motorcycle gives me a goose bump. Maybe he will suddenly harbor my wallet or my iPod. I don't want that to happen. That is why, I walk straight and fast, not minding the dog's endless barking.

If ever someone will try to harm me, I will "Jackie Chan" or "Bruce Lee" him. Good thing that I have seen their movies before when I was still young and their "karate" moves is still a fad for me. My target is the eyes. I will pick dust from the ground. I will splash the dusts to my enemies' eyes. I know they will losen their control when the eyes are hurt for they can't see.



Then I will run as fast as I could until I will reach to my favorite place, McArthur's Park. I know it was then that I will find my unchained relief!

Every dawn, my feeling is like this everytime I go out early to jog. At least in this way, I have already plan how to attack an "approaching enemy". Well, I am just a woman trying to be a "karate" expert in my own self. Pretty weird, but self defense is always a must even though I am trembling all over.

Dawn makes me great to start jogging. And to the dogs, just bear with me please. I just can't hurt you.

My imagination gone so wild everytime I am all by myself walking in the dark, quiet streets. But happily and luckily, I have never encountered such a wild scenario in real life. And frankly, I don't want to experience such in reality. But at least, I prepare and condition myself about it.

It always takes bravery to do what I want at early dawn. Good thing I am that courageous enough to walk alone in the middle of the quiet, "unpredictable" street. But nevertheless, I am not all worried, lights up at the crossroads.

Hee yah!...with kicks, kicks and kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment