Saturday, May 10, 2014

These hands: You will always be a living memory.

These hands are extensions of yours, molded by tough times, sharpened by experiences, pound by trials, hardened by ups and downs, but created with love.


You brought me up into this world with happiness. You perfectly formed me with the kind of love shared by two. Delivered me from your womb courageously and gave me these hands.

I was awakened early to see the reality of life. We are both holding hands as you take me to this world. You cry, I cry.

I stumble many times and these hands you always mind to lift. My hands are cold and you shelter them. Your hands wipe my tears and teach me to stand from every fall. These hands are your hands.

I have witnessed how your hands struggle to find ways and means each and every single day. I go along with you.
It was June 29th of 2004 that your hands show no signs of life. That day I can't forget. My hands hopelessly die as if I don't know what to do. That's when you say "goodbye".

These hands were the ones easily get matured. I knowingly accept, telling myself that you are really gone. Those times were the toughest. These hands do just what I have learned from you - to extend my help to everyone.

You hold me tight with your warm embrace. I can feel you holding me. It's when everytime I cry, you wipe my tears away.

It is so hard to live life now that I can't hold you, but even though you are not here with me, with us, I can feel that you will always lift me up. Hope you could see that the little girl who you mold in love and who have been with you until forever, is now a woman who keeps your teachings and love. She will not leave all her sisters behind.

She is looking for you everyday because she totally misses you very, very much. She longs to embrace you tight. She wants to talk to you like you are alive. She wants to cry in your arms. She wants to tell you all her accomplishments, achievements and successes in her life. She deeply wants to tell you how so tough life everytime. But you know what, how many sacrifices she's been through, it is all worth it because she sees the ones she loved are happy with all the help she has given to them. The pains are her strengths. Your love is her love. Your lost is her determination to go on with life in love and understanding.

If you question her, "How much do you love thee?". My answer, "I love you more than my life."


I love you very much, Mama. You will always be in my heart. You will always be a living memory. You are the best that is happening to my life. You are the best Mama ever and we thank God for giving you to us. Happy Mother's Day! ( May 11, 2014 - Sunday)



Thank you very much for these hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment