Saturday, May 24, 2014

Self-study

Relying in the discussion of the teachers in school is simply not enough. One’s knowledge, for me, is not based more on the teachers’ teachings. It can wonderfully earn through self-studying. The kind of self-studying that you are really serious into it. The way one taught oneself on merely his own way is distant from what teachers’ do in school. That is what I have realized because one can find easy avenue in learning and understanding everything in his own way. 

For me, to properly understand and implant what I have learned in school and to put them by heart, registering in my mind, I do self-studying. It is my way of helping myself learns even more. I review those things which I find it hard to understand. I go over their basics. I research and read even more on them, unlocking their meaning, deeply tracing its roots and simplying everything. I go to its details and finding clues for me to be able to remember them quickly. Learning them is all in the way how I coach myself. It is in the way I do self-study.

Bundles, piles, unending information that the teachers are sharing to everyone each day are normally igniting all minds to carry loads of information, thus called “information-overload”, but how much capacity does one’s brain shoulder all those information? Is there any learning that is taking part on the process?  

It is not merely for the sake of finishing the whole topic and getting done with the deadlines or quota of the duration of one’s subject plan. The vital thing is that if the class really understands what the teacher disseminates to them.

The way teacher makes learning a quality access for everyone – making it fun and learnable is on the way on how they manage to understand the learner and the learning process. There are those students who are more on visual. Then picture presentation is what they need in the class. There are those who are more on auditory, then sounds are what they prefer of. Others do want tactile or kinesthetic, them movements should be shown in the class. Individual differences dominate the whole class. One student is not the same as the other. And teacher should seek to provide and at least try his best to cater what individual differences mean for everyone in the class.

The way teachers care for students has the ultimate know-how in making the classroom a good learning environment, the one that calls for “conducive for learning”. Time, money plus effort, these essential “three” are the components that students shed in order to be in school to learn. Now, the question boils down to – “Does every educator care to really care teaching in a way to be better understood by his students and that does he has the heart to teach with love, making his student the main consideration at all aspects of his teaching strategies?”.

Self-studying is my way of braising myself in preparation for my future apart from what my teachers taught in school. In this way, I can better understand all the things that I need to learn from school aside from what they taught.

I do believe that my way of doing the self-study will reap me a fruit of success in the future. That is why, I always find this fun and indeed teachable.

No comments:

Post a Comment